Sunday, May 01, 2005

'Fields' the biggest shopping mall in Scandanavia

Last week I was getting bored sitting in the midst of Valby... a posh locality in Copenhagen. There are no shops and stores like we have in every locality in India. There are special zones for shopping and then you only get essential commodities at the outlets.I heard of 'FIELDS', which incidentally is the biggest shopping mall in the whole of Scandanavia and North Europe. I thought about visiting the mall on Friday night, I enquired about the route and timings from my Dane colleague and it came as a shock that the mall closes at 11Pm on this Saturday though it closes at 5 Pm everyday. Its peculiar to Denmark and most of the European countries that they close everything by 5pm. Its only on Saturdays that few shopping places are open till 6pm. Anyhow I had already made up my mind to visit the biggest the best here.To reach 'Fields' that is situated one stop from Central Station Kobenhavn H in 'Ørestad'. Øre incidentally is to DKK is similar to what Paise is to INR. To reach Ørestad one has to ply in either Eurorail or DSB train to Mälmö, Sweden. I took the DSB because the frequency of the train is every 20 mins. It takes 8mins to reach Ørestad from Kobenhävn.Reaching the station you just have to walk for about 250 meters and you reach a big shopping complex called Fields. I wasn't impressed by the architecture. Its a plain glass building with lots of lights shining bright(i reached there in the evening). The mall is no doubt huge but its not that impressive. No big international brands, no good stuff to buy. The only thing that was good was the supermarket within the mall called 'Bilka'. Its huge...really huge. Everything is available in that shop, n when i say everything i mean everything u get in a supermarket... The only thing different here is that you get good bargains. Here bargain refers to buy in stock and save money and not India-wala bargain. Selective electronics are cheap as compared to India, otherwise its really really expensive. Then I understood why all the Danes carry age old mobiles... those nokia 3210 and 3310 etc. Although Danes are a wealthy lot but I am sorry to report that they don not have good taste for clothes.

So finally came back to my place after being bored

1 Comments:

Blogger 13 said...

Pareshji, you better start wring on my blog!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home